- Be sure that you meet all Graduate School requirements as stated in the current Colorado State University Graduate and Professional Bulletin. You must also meet minimum requirements of 21 undergraduate credits in History and a 3.0 undergraduate grade point average.
- Visit CSU's online application portal.
- Apply online to the Graduate School at Colorado State University. There is a one-time, non-refundable fee.
After submitting your online application and paying your application fee, begin submitting your supporting materials to complete your application.
- Upload statement of purpose and three letters of recommendation
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to upload an academic writing sample, such as a History research paper, that features the best writing of which the applicant is capable.
- To submit official transcripts, contact your previous institutions to request they submit official transcripts to Colorado State University (use institution code 4075).
- To submit test scores, contact the testing agency to request that scores be sent to Colorado State University (use institution code 4075).
- For any documents that cannot be uploaded, submit paper copies directly to the Office of Admissions at: Graduate Admissions; Colorado State University – Office of Admissions; 1062 Campus Delivery; Fort Collins, CO 80523-1062
- The application deadline for graduate study in the Department of History is February 1. Admissions decisions are made during the spring, and admitted students begin classes during the fall semester, which begins in late August.
International Students must also upload the following materials:
- An official transcript of all collegiate work completed along with a certified translation into English.
- Certified proof of financial support along with the GS Form 3F.
- Scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Track III Admissions are not required to take either the TOEFL or the IELTS exam.
Information on application fees is contained in the U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents section of the Graduate School website.
View the status of your application at any time to ensure your application checklist is complete or check on updates.