About the Local Organization
Membership in the Theta Chi Chapter of Phi Alpha Theta
The Theta Chi Chapter of Phi Alpha Theta at Colorado State University is open to both undergraduate and graduate students in all majors who meet the following criteria:
- completion of 12 semester credits of history (these may be upper or lower division and may include up to 6 semester credits approved for transfer from another university)
- grade point average of at least 3.1 in history classes (3.5 for graduate students)
- overall grade point average of at least 3.0
- be in the top 35% of the class
- payment of a lifetime membership fee ($40, assessed once)
- participation in planned Theta Chi, Phi Alpha Theta events
Those who are already members of Phi Alpha Theta are warmly welcome to participate in Chapter activities.
Publications of the National Society
As part of its encouragement of historical study, the Society publishes The Historian, a distinguished historical quarterly whose pages are open to its members for the publication of their studies in all fields of history. It also contains numerous reviews of scholarly books, news of historical activities, and other items of interest. The Historian has the second largest circulation among all historical journals published in the United States. Each initiate receives a one-year subscription as part of the initiation fee.