Logan Haas typing on a laptopI had the incredible opportunity to work at the Public Lands History Center on campus.  The Public Lands History Center is an organization dedicated to preserving the history of public lands (think National Parks) as well as assisting current CSU students in finding jobs in the field of Public Lands History through the Brown Bag program.  Additionally, they put on the American West Program at CSU.  During this internship I had the opportunity to see the day to day operation of a research based organization, assist in organizing a Brown Bag lunch, help advertise the American West Program, and write a blog post for the PLHC’s website.  When I first started I was nervous that I would be out of place at the PLHC, but ultimately I managed to fit in there.  The most exciting opportunity for me was the ability to assist Dr. Orsi (the Center’s director) with research, and compile some tools for him.  This gave me a glimpse at the book-writing process for professional works.  Day to Day I spent a lot of filing items, communicating with other groups on or off campus, and writing my blog post.  This internship gave me exposure to an aspect of history I don’t typically consider, as well as giving me experience in a professional environment.